[loganalysis] AW: greetingz

From: Nistor.Lubomir@Star-21.De
Date: Mon Aug 13 2001 - 00:53:55 PDT

    Hi tina,

    well it's fine if you can make NT and W2k talk syslog, but just try to make
    a big ATM router talk syslog, or how about Optical transceiver?
    These devices are pretty impressive, and they only talk their special
    logging protocol.. like XDR.. on some of them you manage to talk SNMP, but
    it doesn't say much about security issues..

    Therefore i'm looking for a handy logging server, that is dynamic enough, or
    supports  these devices..

    lubo
    PS: good idea..
        good luck...