[loganalysis] RE: strings associated with code red and variants (fwd)

From: Vidovic,Zvonimir,VEVEY,GL-IS/CIS (Zvonimir.Vidovicat_private)
Date: Mon Aug 13 2001 - 05:28:15 PDT

    given that IIS itself crashes whilst parsing the bogous codeRed request, and
    that the problem lies in the query itself, the two things to verify are:

    1- this is either an .ida or .idq file call
    2- the request itself is too long
    as a matter of fact, you ought to verify

    .ida
    .idq

    plus the request itself.

    However, this should be ancient history by now, given that once patched, you
    should not care anymore about this exploit. Try to focus on what's next:
    long requests with lots of AAAA, XXX, NNN, whatsoever.