Re: [loganalysis] Full vs partial pattern matches

From: Bryan Andersen (bryanat_private)
Date: Mon Aug 13 2001 - 23:09:35 PDT

    I use a nasty perl script to do my pattern matching.  I anchor my
    patterns to ignore at both the beginning and end of the line.  All
    unmatched lines get brought to my attention.  I won't bother to
    publish my script as it's really a custom job and quite simple.
    It is just a while loop that blanks lines that are matched then
    prints any that still have content.  I have 100s of patterns that
    it matches and throws out.

    --
    |  Bryan Andersen   |   bryanat_private   |   http://www.nerdvest.com   |
    | Buzzwords are like annoying little flies that deserve to be swatted. |