Re: [loganalysis] Logging standards and such

From: Chris Calabrese (chris_calabreseat_private)
Date: Thu Aug 16 2001 - 06:30:47 PDT

    I had originally put in some stuff to wrap the log
    entries in signatures, and written it in such a way
    that the logger daemon could add the sigs itself, as
    could any other things along the way that wanted to
    add signatures.  But I pulled those bits out when the
    IETF Syslog working group started working on
    Syslog-Reliable, which has similar capabilities.

    > todd glassey wrote:
    > Just putting Syslog Data into XML is not enough.
    What
    > Syslog data needs to be constrained such that the
    > Syslog daemon can act as an evidentiary agent or
    > reception agent and that means that it will do the
    > testimony not the systems admin that operates it.
    With
    > that said there are many holes that have to be
    filled