[loganalysis] SLIM

From: Nathan Bates (nbatesat_private)
Date: Mon Aug 20 2001 - 12:11:46 PDT

    I have a program called Catalyst [1] that I have been developing for the
    past while.

    	[1] http://nrrrd.net/catalyst/

    More specifically:

    	[2] http://nrrrd.net/catalyst/slim.html

    System Log Intrusion Monitor (SLIM), is an extension to Catalyst that
    allows for (in brief, read more on the latter link, [2]):

        * Log/event and host based intrusion detection
        * Active, real-time analysis and response
        * Powerful administration and management
        * Flexible network integration
        * Integrates into existing network management systems
        * Heirarchical, rule-based directives
        * Variable source inputs
        * Directive and source grouping/classing
        * Session generation and tracking
        * Event, history, and session correlation
        * Threshholds (floor and ceiling)
        * Event throttling/quenching
        * Actions and Counteractions
        * Simple mail and pager templates
        * Database archival and stacked log module queuing

    Combined with other modules, Catalyst and SLIM provide for an extremely
    controllable and flexible framework for all logging needs.

    I have been debating on releasing this somewhere within the open source
    initiative, but I haven't decided on a license yet.  At the moment, I will
    make it available under a non-disclosure agreement.  If you are interested
    in obtaining a copy, please email me and we'll go from there.

    	Regards,
    	Nathan