Re: [loganalysis] any experience with parsers on nokia/ipso platform

From: Ryan Russell (ryanat_private)
Date: Tue Aug 21 2001 - 11:35:25 PDT

    On Tue, 21 Aug 2001 Martin.Lawrence@gecits-eu.com wrote:

    > does anyone have any experience with logfile parsers on the nokia / ipso
    > plaform ?
    > since nokia doesn't allow users to compile anything on ipso, we are limited
    > to shellscript and perl

    Which logs?  Syslog?  You can send copies of the Syslog stuff elsewhere
    easily enough, yes?  The only dealings I had with those boxes was for use
    as Firewall-1 appliances.  FW-1 does its own remote firewall logging, if
    you have your management licenses straight.  Of course, those license
    costs are very non-trivial.  Those are also sold as IDS appliances for
    RealSecure as well, I believe.  It would have its own remote logging
    mechanism.

    					Ryan