Re: [loganalysis] any experience with parsers on nokia/ipso platform

From: Sweth Chandramouli (svcat_private)
Date: Wed Aug 22 2001 - 09:56:29 PDT

    On Wed, Aug 22, 2001 at 11:56:09AM +0100, Martin.Lawrence@gecits-eu.com wrote:
    > so we'll try to get swatch to work (i've dropped todd atkins a mail)
    > if we can't get it to work, we'll try using systemwatch by open service
    > it can do log file analysis and many other things - however, it is somewhat
    > pricy
    	The Nokias have tail and awk, right?  You can always build
    your own kludgy version of swatch fairly easily:

    tail -f logfile | awk '
       /first_pattern/ {
          system ("some action")
       };
       /second_pattern/ {
          system ("some other action")
       };
    '

    	.  Awk is a _really_ powerful tool.  Put a script like the
    above in inittab, and your basic log parsing needs are reliably met.

    	-- Sweth.

    --
    Sweth Chandramouli ; <svcat_private>
    President, Idiopathic Systems Consulting