Re: [loganalysis] Larg scale log architecture

From: Andreas Siegert (afxmlat_private)
Date: Thu Sep 06 2001 - 04:10:34 PDT

    Quoting Gary Richardson (gary.richardsonat_private) on Thu, Sep 06, 2001 at 01:46:31AM +0200:
    > http://www.netplex-tech.com/software/snips
    >
    > Snips only logs changes in status, which would probably cut down your log size.

    Thanks, I'll have a look at it.
    At a first glance it looks more like a system monitoring tool than a security
    analysis tool.

    > Also, maybe you should filter stuff out that isn't useful.

    Everything is useful unfortunately, at least for a week or so. We even need to
    record all accepted connections for SLA Management.

    cheers
    afx
    --
    atsec information security GmbH                Phone: +49-89-44249830
    Steinstrasse 68                                  Fax: +49-89-44249831