Re: [loganalysis] Larg scale log architecture

From: Morten Johansen (mortenat_private)
Date: Sun Sep 09 2001 - 22:46:38 PDT

    Andreas Siegert wrote:
    > I am looking for a log database that can handle storage and any kind of query
    > with real time and scheduled feeds from the log sources.

    seen "msyslog"? http://freshmeat.net/projects/msyslog/

    it has modularized log storage and includes modules for MySQL, PostgreSQL, TCP I/O +++
    i guess that mysql module can be easily rewritten to suit anyones needs

    you can run msyslog on each machine and then stunnel it into a central MySQL
    or run normal syslog out "in the field" and then msyslog on the central and from there
    store to MySQL. a combination would also work of course :)

    This, in conjuntion with some (perl) script that can do real-time alerts, is what i will use on our site.

    Hope it helps

    Morten Johansen
    System Designer
    mortenat_private