[logs] Réf. : Re: Réf. : Re: Réf. : Re: [logs] logsurfer help...

From: Thierry Agassis (thierry.agassisat_private)
Date: Mon Oct 29 2001 - 06:00:38 PST

    Many thank's for your patience !

    _________________________
    Thierry Agassis
    Unicible

    tel: +41 (0)21/644 6311
    fax: +41 (0)21/644 6300
    mailto:thierry.agassisat_private

    Wolfgang Ley - Sun Germany - Hamburg <Wolfgang.Leyat_private>
    29.10.2001 14:17
    Veuillez répondre à Wolfgang Ley - Sun Germany - Hamburg

            Pour :  thierry.agassisat_private
            cc :    loganalysisat_private
            Objet : Re: Réf. : Re: Réf. : Re: [logs] logsurfer help...

    Hi,

    > Ok Wolfgang,
    >
    > I'll re-read the man.
    >
    > In fact, I just give "gogo 1" and "gogo 2" as examples.
    > In fact, I'd like to exclude very different logs lines coming from a
    > firewall, typically known IP addresses or hostnames.
    >
    > So a simple regular expression is not possible. I need a syntax able to
    > list several independant regular expressions to be excluded.
    > I'm afraid that it is more a logsurfer syntax issue than regular
    > expression.

    It's not an issue with logsurfer but still with regular expressions.
    If you want to match several different regular expressions then
    simply use the () and | syntax, e.g.

      "(gogo 1|gogo 2)"

    will match "gogo 1" or "gogo 2".

    Bye,
      Wolfgang.
    Wolfgang Ley                           Enterprise Services
    Solaris Competence Center              Wolfgang.Leyat_private
    Sun Microsystems GmbH                  Tel: +49 40 251523-0
    Eiffestrasse 80                        Fax: +49 40 251523-77
    D-20537 Hamburg                        http://www.sun.de/