Re: [logs] syslog.conf

From: Sam (hindiiat_private)
Date: Fri Nov 09 2001 - 13:29:37 PST

    With my Solaris 8 boxes, I use more or less the
    default   syslog.conf files, with many facilities
    kicked up to debug.  However, in my /etc/hosts file, I
    simply change the loghost line entry to point to my
    loghost, rather han localhost.  The entries in
    syslog.conf should look like the following:kern.debug
                ifdef(`LOGHOST', /var/log/kern.log,
    @loghost)

    Syslogd will substitute the /etc/hosts entry for
    loghost into each of these lines.

    Hope this helps!

      Sam