RE: [logs] Thoughts needed

From: Gibson, Jerry,, DMDCWEST (GibsonJBat_private)
Date: Mon Dec 17 2001 - 13:16:42 PST

    Looks like you have a joker, or a dumb bully.  Being DDoSed is out of your
    control, putting a record in your DNS is in your control.  If he wants to do
    something wrong let him, you on the other hand would be dumb to do something
    wrong to appease him.  If you are DDoSed call the police and make a report
    to CERT.  Sent information to the FBI.  Maybe they will get him maybe not
    but he will know he is facing serious consequences.  If you comply then the
    message you send is fear and weakness- the compliant victim!  Maybe you
    would be willing to pay a weekly fee to keep him from DDoSing you?
    Cheers
    Jerry Gibson