Re: [logs] Thoughts needed

From: Tina Bird (tbird@precision-guesswork.com)
Date: Mon Dec 17 2001 - 13:20:02 PST

    I've had a couple of queries, both on and off list, about
    why particular messages have been approved.  My primary goal
    for running my lists is to educate people.  This particular
    question was off topic, but it's the sort of thing that most
    of us have had to deal with, often in response to what we've
    found in our logs -- so it was potentially relevant to the
    newer members of this audience, and the more experienced
    members were likely to be able to answer the question.

    I run all of my lists pretty informally -- I like to encourage
    newbies to ask questions, I will sometimes post things because
    they amuse me -- the only things I'm pretty much guaranteed
    not to approve are non-technical sales oriented postings.  I'm
    sorry if this is a problem for some of you, but hey, that's
    what the delete key is for.

    t.