[logs] Host IDS for Windows

From: Tina Bird (tbird@precision-guesswork.com)
Date: Mon Jan 07 2002 - 12:34:12 PST

    Hi all -- People looking for a pure Windows EventLog
    monitoring system may want to take a look at

    http://www.gfi.com

    Their LANguard Security EventLog Monitor can watch
    multiple Windows servers and workstations from a central
    console, and send SMTP alerts for a variety of security
    events (failed logons, admin access after hours, etc).

    I've never used it.  Anyone out there taken a look at
    it?  Opinions much appreciated.  I am not affiliated with
    GFI or any of its resellers.

    cheers -- tbird

    "I was being patient, but it took too long." -
                                    Anya, "Buffy the Vampire Slayer"

    Log Analysis: http://www.counterpane.com/log-analysis.html
    VPN:  http://kubarb.phsx.ukans.edu/~tbird/vpn.html