[logs] Solaris syslog output from PROTOS tool

From: Tina Bird (tbird@precision-guesswork.com)
Date: Wed Feb 13 2002 - 11:46:01 PST

    Counterpane has begun testing vulnerable systems
    for evidence of the PROTOS tool in use.  So far,
    we've learned that snmpdx will produce the following
    message >after< a crafted packet has caused
    problems:

    Feb 12 23:25:48 mordor snmpdx: agent snmpd not responding
    Feb 13 00:03:24 mordor snmpdx: agent snmpd not responding

    We are continuing testing and will publish forensic
    evidence on the Log Analysis Web site as we collect
    it.

    Contributions gratefully accepted, too.  I will follow
    this up with a list of IDS signatures that are specific
    to the PROTOS tool.

    Tina Bird
    Log Analysis: http://www.counterpane.com/log-analysis.html