[logs] Distributed attack on port 6398?

From: John Campbell (jcampbellat_private)
Date: Tue Mar 12 2002 - 12:13:41 PST

    Hi all,

    Very unusual activity noted on 3/11/2002:  hundreds of hosts packeting
    one of our dns/email servers on port 6398.  Firewall bounced and logged
    everything.  Sources all over the map but the majority look like ISP end
    users.  Sources sent between 1 and 48 packets each.  Sorry no packet
    trace - firewall just drops and logs.  Anybody seen anything like this?
    A couple of days earlier, we had a number of hits on same box for 6346
    (gnutella.)

    Curious if anyone else has seen anything similar.

    John Campbell, GCWN
    Information Security Engineer
    Washington School Information Processing Cooperative
    (WSIPC)
    Email: jcampbellat_private