Re: [logs] What log files?

From: Eric Mauricio (ericmaubrat_private)
Date: Wed Mar 27 2002 - 07:31:44 PST

    Hi,

    Oracle has some different kind of logs but probably
    what you want is the Alert Log.

    The alert log resides in $ORACLE_HOME/rdbms/log.
    Its name is alert.log or alert<SID>.log

    This file contains all necessary log information about
    the health of your Oracle database, like, ORA-600
    errors, redo logs shifts,etc.

    There are also, listener logs and session trace logs
    that is used to solve some special problems.

    [],
      ericmau

    --- Zhao XiaoMin <zxm_zhaoat_private> wrote:
    > Hi,
    >     What log files are in oracle database?Where are
    > the log files stores?what function?
    >     If anybody know those clearly, please share them
    > with me. I am very appreciated it.
    >
    > Regards!
    > Tony

    =====
    "Accurate measurement is the begining of all wisdom."
                               - Imhotep c.a. 2650 B.C.