[logs] NT/2K syslog clients

From: H C (keydet89at_private)
Date: Fri Apr 05 2002 - 03:24:16 PST

    I'm using a couple of test systems to determine the
    suitability of converting NT/2K EventLog to syslog.

    I've used Kiwi's Syslog Daemon before, and have that
    running on a system.  I've installed BackLog on one
    test system, and NTSyslog on another.

    When I installed the syslog clients, I first backed up
    and cleared the EventLogs, then installed and
    activated the clients.  However, the EventLogs on both
    test clients have received new entries, and they
    aren't being sent to the syslog server.

    Does anyone have any thoughts as to why?  Neither
    client came with detailed installation instructions.

    Thanks