RE: [logs] protocol 105

From: Solomon, Frank (sysfrankat_private)
Date: Fri May 10 2002 - 04:20:00 PDT

    This is why I have a love/hate relationship with TCP/IP security:  from the
    logs we've determined that either ET is trying to hack somebody's network or
    the Firewall is talking to itself.  And, my hypothesis was that it's a bunch
    of spoofed packets. . .I guess that's too bland to consider.  It would be
    nice if we could ask the router where the packets actually came from rather
    than depending on Cisco's cryptic Pix log message.

    :-)

    Frank Solomon
    University of Kentucky
    http://www.franksolomon.net