Re: [logs] OT: 'Automated Log Analysis'

From: Sweth Chandramouli (loganalysisat_private)
Date: Tue Jun 18 2002 - 22:02:46 PDT

    On Wed, Jun 19, 2002 at 09:37:54AM +0800, tcleary2at_private wrote:
    > Eeerrrr.....
    >
    > Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't this exactly what SecurityFocus are
    > doing with their "DeepSight" Threat management system ( formerly ARIS
    > analyser ) service?
    	Not exactly, but it's similar.  Counterpane's service is
    also the same idea, and a few other folks are doing it as well.  I think
    the difference between all of them and what nix is proposing is that
    they have the necessary legal and financial structures and documented
    operational practices available to potential customers to alleviate
    most of the fears that would otherwise prevent people from using such
    a service.

    	-- Sweth.

    --
    Sweth Chandramouli      Idiopathic Systems Consulting
    svcat_private      http://www.idiopathic.net/