Re: [logs] Logs & the great unification theory

From: Stefano Zanero (stefano.zaneroat_private)
Date: Fri Jun 21 2002 - 08:33:28 PDT

    > From my experience w/ NN's (grad school), if factors
    > can be defined,

    This is the large "if" :-)

    >  It used an "expert system"
    > developed at NASA to perform network event anomoly
    > detection.

    Are you sure it was neural network based ? Usually, expert system means
    "rule engine behind" and I can remember an old NASA project for a rule-based
    user behavior profiler.

    I've visited their site, but as it usually goes it's full of press releases
    and boasts, and devoid of any technical detail....

    Stefano "Raistlin" Zanero
    System Administrator Gioco.Net
    public PGP key block at http://gioco.net/pgpkeys