Re: AW: [logs] About log files forensics

From: Alexandre Dulaunoy (alexat_private)
Date: Mon Jul 08 2002 - 05:59:10 PDT

    On Mon, 8 Jul 2002 Lubomir.Nistorat_private wrote:

    > another of my ideas is to have a mysql syslog and put data into that..
    > of course account should be write only (no delete, no read)
    >
    > I'm just working on a centralized log analysis system (with reporting and alerting capabilities).
    > the automatic log analysis would be difficult (with sql data..) as with large DB it'll get slower and slower.. (I already have several bilions of entries).
    >
    > any ideas?

    	http://www.conostix.com/ipfc/ (released under the GNU General Public License)

    	We have some basic correlation. The DB structure is
    independant so you can correlate what you want. We some user with a lot of
    entries in the db-backend (including a lot of syslog).

    	http://condor.gmu.edu/~jason/logging/ you can add an easy
    functionnality to use demux to enter everything in a DB.

    	You should look also to http://www.balabit.hu/en/downloads/syslog-ng/.

    	hope this helps.

    	adulau