Re: [logs] Security Monitoring software customization limit?

From: Fabio Pietrosanti (naif) (naifat_private)
Date: Wed Jul 17 2002 - 09:27:30 PDT

    On Wed, Jul 17, 2002 at 06:16:55PM +0200, Lubomir.Nistorat_private wrote:
    > well you're looking for a centralized security monitoring system..
    > and even worse.. you are looking to offer SOC services to various customers..
    > did I get it right?

    not properly... it's only for one customer so i don't need a soluzion "service
    provider class" but only "enterprise class" and only for "monitoring purporse"
    and not for "managing purpose" .

    And as every project there's no time to develop a "so complex" solutions.

    Ok, i don't need a Plug'n play software, but at least a framework that allow
    me to start working with "well known" devices immediatelly, and then customize the
    infrastructure for parsing custom application's logs .

    The (in)famous "security monitoring software" ;>

    What's the software avaiable on the market is my question?
    And what's the experience of the lists with that kind of software?

    -naif