AW: [logs] Security Monitoring software customization limit?

From: Lubomir.Nistorat_private
Date: Fri Jul 19 2002 - 02:29:59 PDT

    hmm lot of money is surely required (if not wasted on licenses and
    implementation team it'll be wasted on opensource gurus to administer
    it)
    but flat panels pay off when there are more customers coming to see the
    SOC you've built.. (they look cool alright..:)

    event correlation is what makes me sweat.. a perfect correlation should
    do content corelation, time correlation etc.. that means it's always not
    sufficiently correlated (whatever software)...

    Does anybody know any sec monitoring sw where you can modify correlation
    rules? (not just time/device but also content?)
    What are the limitations of correlation (how far should I correlate? i
    doubt that achieving secure=yes/no status is wise :)

    lubo