RE: [logs] PIX logging

From: Allen Crawford (AllenCat_private)
Date: Tue Sep 03 2002 - 13:14:55 PDT

    Thanks for the tips.  I'll try these out.  I do have another general
    question.  I read up about logrotate.d and I understand that the
    "postrotate" section runs after the logs are rotated.  Well, my question is,
    why would you kill syslogd AFTER the logs have been rotated?  Shouldn't you
    have to kill it first, then rotate the logs?