RE: [logs] date/time formats...

From: Paul D. Robertson (probertsat_private)
Date: Wed Dec 11 2002 - 15:31:52 PST

    On Wed, 11 Dec 2002, Rainer Gerhards wrote:

    > Do you have a reference to the complete text?

    The standard is 104 Swiss Francs- at the time I discovered it, I was
    trying to get the firewall vendors to do a unified "common log format-"
    but unfortunately, I didn't get enough momentum.  You can order the
    standard from the ISO by hitting www.iso.org and searching on standard
    number in the catalogue, or you can use:

    http://www.cl.cam.ac.uk/~mgk25/iso-time.html

    Which contains the appropriate link to the pay-for version of the
    standard, as well as a good analysis of the standard.  Personally, I grew
    to like the T in the time, as it was proof positive that someone went out
    of their way to adhere to the standard's format, so doing parser
    exceptions based on its absence was easy.

    HTH,

    Paul