RE: [logs] Firewall One and Syslog

From: wayneat_private
Date: Thu Dec 12 2002 - 11:07:48 PST

    Quoting Rainer Gerhards <rgerhardsat_private>:

    [sniped]

    > > Network connection logs are stored in a
    > > Checkpoint-proprietary binary file.  They supply a utility to
    > > convert them to ASCII, so the same general trick works:
    > > convert them to text, pipe them to logger.  Since I didn't
    > > have any way to do that sort of sophisticated stuff on
    > > Windows (coding not being my strong suit), I usually just set
    > > the FW-1 to log network connections to SNMP and grabbed them that way.
    >
    > Sounds easy enough to do for the DOS hacks ;)
    >
    > At least I'd try it and see good chance. Problem: I don't have a FW-1 at
    > hand. Sombody out there who has one and would like to try it together
    > with me?

    Not sure I follow what you want help with, I can get a CP to do some testing
    on...what platform and version are you looking to use?  Time availability is
    the main thing for me...

    What are you looking to have this program do?  I can write something in Python
    once we have a target.

    Wayne
    --
    Wayne Pierce
    wayneat_private

    New England Information Security Users Group ("NEISUG")
    http://www.neisug.org