[logs] Year value in timestamps

From: abhinav tiwari (abhinav_tiwariat_private)
Date: Wed Dec 25 2002 - 22:09:03 PST

    Hi

    In my current company ,i viewed the collected logs in /var/messages and
    /var/log/secure...it shows date, time and month  , completely , but not the
    YEAR ...! Some of the enteries are surely of 2001 or may be 2000 ..but some
    are of 2002 . I am not able to segrregate exactly whic year(2002/2001/2000
    may be before..:-)) the log line belongs to ! Anyone pls suggest how to
    force year info inside the timestamps...for the past records or in future
    log collections , in the unix system.

    Thanks
    abby
    ***logs narrate partial story..:-))