RE: [logs] Syslog payload format

From: Paul Robertson (probertsat_private)
Date: Fri Jan 03 2003 - 10:45:08 PST

    On Fri, 3 Jan 2003, Rainer Gerhards wrote:

    > The only problem I see (as one of these old-style closed source guys...)
    > is that we can't use it in our projects because of GPL. The same will be
    > true for others, I fear... Any chance for a change to LGPL if we decide
    > to move into that direction?

    As a border hopper between open and close source implementors, I'd
    suggest that if you're going for a license change, you move to a BSD one,
    that way there's no ambiguity about product inclusion.

    LGPL, for better or worse (and I refuse to pick which) brings FSF
    politics into play.  A BSD style license has less intertwining stuff for
    the laywers to worry about.

    Paul