RE: [logs] Syslog payload format

From: Rainer Gerhards (rgerhardsat_private)
Date: Fri Jan 03 2003 - 08:24:03 PST

    Tina,

    Hey, hey... I DIDN'T (meant to) suggest to go to the IETF. I really
    meant this. Let's get something together, first and THEN have a look on
    how to carry it over to the IETF or whereever (personally, I feel the
    glibc guys would be the best first target ;))

    The reference to the IETF was really only meant to see a real world
    sample that discussion lists really work. Sure, IETF is slow, but that
    is not due to email communication but the broader reach and the more
    (comercial) interests in there [my point of view].

    Regarding a draft document, I see many good suggestions here and would
    volunteer to write at least part of it. At least I now get the feeling
    that things begin to take off, hopefully not only a new year's
    syndrom...

    Rainer