Re: [logs] Syslog payload format

From: Bennett Todd (betat_private)
Date: Tue Jan 07 2003 - 06:16:33 PST

    2003-01-07T04:20:59 Rainer Gerhards:
    > - messages MUST end with (CR)LF - should it be LF or CRLF?

    Messages should always be sent terminated with CRLF, but tolerant
    software is encouraged to work correctly with messages terminated by
    LF only. This seems to be the implementation practice I've seen most
    often for text TCP protocols. If we don't want to talk about the
    tolerance, just mandate CRLF and be done with it.

    -Bennett