[logs] syslog TCP discussion

From: Estabrook, John (EIP) (jestabrookat_private)
Date: Tue Jan 07 2003 - 08:58:25 PST

    Hey there,

    I'm kind of new to this.  I have a syslog SSMP draft spec from Andrew.
    Is there an
    on-line version that you guys are keeping?

    Another question that came to mind quickly when looking at the new TCP
    syslog
    issue is why not keep the syslog format and wrap it with a minimal XML
    wrapper?  It
    can be extended with proprietary fields that way that can be safely
    ignored by others.

    John

    John Estabrook
    Program Development Manager