RE: [logs] Syslog payload format

From: Ogle Ron (Rennes) (ron.ogleat_private)
Date: Tue Jan 14 2003 - 08:51:18 PST

    Do you really think that a developer gives one thought to how you will parse
    the logs?  From their prospective, they are giving you what THEY think you
    need to know.  I mean come on, how many applications give you any real
    meaning for errors when an application burps or dies.  I love the -1 error.
    What does that mean anyway?

    Ron Ogle
    Rennes, France