[logs] RE: NT Event Log and Web Server Attacks

From: Rainer Gerhards (rgerhardsat_private)
Date: Fri Jan 17 2003 - 05:09:46 PST

    Arrghhh...

    Did Tina have on of those "don't type faster than you think" quotes in
    her sig... Actually, I verfified what I wrote under Windows XP (not the
    typical server platfrom). On the Win2K server boxes, there is a little
    problem with the 593 event: it does not have the exe file name in it. I
    verified this on Germany W2K Server SP3 Buuild 2195. Obviously the file
    name got added in XP (and so hopefully is in .NET server or Windows 2003
    Server as it is called now.) I am just posting this for all who might be
    banging their had finding the file name...

    Seems not to be my day. Maybe I should can my posts and re-read and
    finally post them tomorrow ;)

    Sorry,
    Rainer Gerhards