Re: [logs] swatchrc file

From: swatch swatch (swatch_5at_private)
Date: Fri Jan 17 2003 - 10:49:28 PST

    I now face another challenge with swatch.

    1. I want swatch to start automatically should the server be rebooted for
    some reason.  This is the command i use to start swatch manually:

    # /usr/local/bin/swatch -c /var/log/swatchrc -t /var/log/messages --daemon

    Where would i put this command so that it starts swatch automatically.  Do i
    have to create a shell script or something?  If so, what is the proper
    syntax?

    2. I have setup one swatchrc file but i have 7 instances of swatch running
    to look in separate log files (based on how i have syslog.conf setup in
    redhat 7.2).  This includes 3 facilities I created (local0 through local2).

    What i want to do is setup 7 swatchrc files.  One swatchrc file for every
    logfile.  Is this possible?  If so, do i just name my swatchrc files
    swatchrc1 through swatchrc7 and configure each one to look for specific
    information depending on what logfile it is pointed at?  For example, if i
    have swatchrc1 setup to look in /var/log/kernel and swatchrc2 to look in
    /var/log/messages would these be my startup scripts (remember i want to put
    these scripts somewhere where they will start automatically should the
    server be rebooted).

    # /usr/local/bin/swatch -c /var/log/swatchrc1 -t /var/log/kernel --daemon

    # /usr/local/bin/swatch -c /var/log/swatchrc2 -t /var/log/messages --daemon

    All help is appreciated.  Thanks!