RE: [logs] RE: NT Event Log and Web Server Attacks

From: Rainer Gerhards (rgerhardsat_private)
Date: Mon Jan 20 2003 - 04:56:18 PST

    Actually,

    We had started an internal project on the structure and information
    contained in the Windows Event Logs. My "web server attack" posting was
    related to this stuff. We are trying to formalize a listing of all those
    events that (at least we) think are meaningful and the parameters they
    have. We intend to use this information than later on in the analysis
    engine, which can provide better correlation if it is nicely formatted.
    Of course, when our agents emit an even more structured event record,
    other analysis can also benefit ;)

    I will see if we can make the project public, but I think so. As I said,
    it is currently in its starting stage, so information is very limited.
    So far more or less pointers to things that we intend to look deeper
    into...

    If I can make it public, I'll post the URL over here.

    Rainer