[logs] linksys log question

From: Batten, Gerald (Gerald.Battenat_private)
Date: Tue Jan 21 2003 - 06:34:10 PST

    Since I've been taking a closer look at my linksys router logs, I've found several occurences where the resolved DNS name for an IP is a !

    I contacted linksys, and they said that that server (they assume all the ip addresses connecting to my box are servers for some reason) is in 'stealth mode', meaning that they are hiding their dns name.  Last time I checked, I didn't see that option in BIND ;)

    Does anyone have any ideas?

    Thanks,

    Gerald.