Re: [logs] linksys log question

From: David Howe (DaveHoweat_private)
Date: Tue Jan 21 2003 - 11:02:20 PST

    On Tue, 21 Jan 2003, Batten, Gerald wrote:
    > I contacted linksys, and they said that that server (they assume all
    > the ip addresses connecting to my box are servers for some reason)
    > is in 'stealth mode', meaning that they are hiding their dns name.
    > Last time I checked, I didn't see that option in BIND ;)
    Normally "stealth mode" means not responding to ICMP or returning RST
    packets for closed ports.
    Not having a valid Reverse DNS doesn't require any special preparation -
    reverse zones are just files like any other, and if you delete a line
    "13 PTR myrouter.mydomain.com." from 34.12.205.in-addr.arpa then you
    will have no reverse dns for 205.12.34.13.