RE: [logs] RE: log data?

From: Robert J. Liebsch (rliebschat_private)
Date: Thu Jan 30 2003 - 09:27:43 PST

    Well, I don't have any machines running MS-SQL (lucky me).

    My logs show dropped packets (I am using IPchains on this particular host)

    Denied packets from 10.229.153.198.
      Port ms-sql-m	(udp,eth3,input): 1 packet(s).
    Total of 1 packet(s).

    Denied packets from 10.229.42.231.
      Port ms-sql-m	(udp,eth3,input): 1 packet(s).
    Total of 1 packet(s).

    I find it odd that the probes came from RFC 1918's.
    I also have some that came from multicast and broadcast addresses.

    I am looking into the logs in my honeypots. I am a bad log-admin. I don't
    consolidate
    my logs or use central repositories. But I do have the logs in several
    places.

    I'll post when I know more.