Re: [logs] Log Analysis for Law Enforcement

From: Devin Kowatch (devinkat_private)
Date: Thu Feb 06 2003 - 13:09:21 PST

    On Thu, Jan 16, 2003 at 04:05:03PM -0500, Buck Buchanan wrote:
    [ ... ]
    > recovered fragments of deleted logs.  Another part suggests the need for a
    > tool to merge multiple logs from multiple machines into a timeline.

    So, now that I've had some free time to write up a readme.  I wrote just
    such a tool about 2 years ago.  It uses a config file to specify per
    host or per domain time zone adjustments and output color.  The output
    is HTML.  It can handle multiple log files as input, so that you can
    make a time line spanning many different sites.

        (Look for the 'log_merge' program near the top).

    enjoy.

    --
    Devin Kowatch
    devinkat_private