Re: [logs] security animation - datamining experiment

From: Tom Perrine (tepat_private)
Date: Thu Feb 13 2003 - 12:52:27 PST

    The mapping was done for us by the CAIDA folks.  They used software
    *related* to (but not exactly the same as) NetGeo:

    http://www.caida.org/tools/utilities/netgeo/

    The actual software used is not (yet) publicly available, IIRC.

    Does anyone have any comments on extracting useful info from the
    animation?  I think it gives a good indication of *where*/*when* we
    should look in the data, and *what* we should look for, in further
    analysis.  But as a standalone analysis, its just does not seem to be
    complete on its own.

    What do you folks think?  Is anyone else interested in trying to use
    scientific visualization tools to extract information from logs?  I'm
    not thinking in terms of geo mapping, but other ideas.

    --
    Tom E. Perrine <tepat_private> | San Diego Supercomputer Center
    http://www.sdsc.edu/~tep/     |