[logs] "Temperproof" logfiles?

From: Michael Boman (michael.bomanat_private)
Date: Tue Mar 25 2003 - 19:52:11 PST

    Hi all,

    I am looking for a syslog (the old, udp one) software that makes sure that
    the integrity of the logs has not been modified since they was recived. I
    have looked at mSyslog, but the problem with that one is that I find it
    unstable and it totally locks up if one of the output modules doesn't
    work (we  want the logs in a database for ease of searching as well as
    normal file for long-time storage). Syslog-ng seems to do what we want
    for the database part, but how about making sure that the logfiles was
    not subsequently changed after they were recived?

    Does anyone know any software that does this?

    Best regards
     Michael Boman

    --
    Michael Boman