RE: [logs] NetIQ Vigilant Log Analyzer?

From: Moyer, Shawn (SMoyerat_private)
Date: Tue Apr 01 2003 - 22:40:33 PST

    Todd:

    Thanks so much for pointing out that logs need to be analysed! To think, all
    these years I'd been going through 300MB per day of logfiles line-by-line in
    realtime for 18 hours per day with nothing but a kerosene lamp and egrep to
    see by, my only respite being fitful catnaps under my desk and furtive
    nibbles of stale Twinkies washed down with lukewarm Yerba Mate'!

    If only some software vendor would might develop some sort of "log analysis"
    tool, I might be able to remove these leg-irons and walk outside, once again
    glimpsing the sweet, sweet sun! Perchance to dream...

    I have now seen the light! I'll send you a P.O. right away.

    By the way, my core systems are NT3.5, Tandem, OpenVMS, and BSDi -- hope
    that's okay.

    --shawn