[logs] Windows Security Event 538 analysis/paper

From: Rainer Gerhards (rgerhardsat_private)
Date: Wed Jun 18 2003 - 03:29:53 PDT

    Hi all,

    we are trying to base some log analysis on Windows security event 538.
    Unfortunately, there seem to be some shortcomings with it. My co-worker
    Wajih has done a paper on that event and its shortcomings. We would
    appreciate any feedback on this paper. I have also posted a similar
    question to the respective Microsoft peer help newsgroup.

    The URL is:

    http://www.monitorware.com/Common/en/SecurityReference/Event-ID-538-Expl
    ained.asp

    This is a long URL which may be broken by the news client. It should end
    in ".asp". If it doesn't, please reassemble it before pasting to the web
    browser.

    Any help is appreciated. Of course, I will post a summary of any updates
    we (hopefully) receive ;)

    Thanks
    Rainer Gerhards