[logs] shameless self-promotion

From: Tina Bird (tbird@precision-guesswork.com)
Date: Fri Jul 04 2003 - 11:22:43 PDT

    Hi all --

    I'm delighted to announce that I'll be presenting my day-long tutorial,
    "Building an Enterprise Logging Infrastructure" at USENIX Security, in
    Washington, DC, on August 4th.  This conference is my favorite venue for
    teaching, and attending.  Mostly because the hallway discussions are so
    good -- but also because I learn more from the >students< at Security than
    any of the other conferences I visit.

    The class is geared toward "beginning to intermediate" log analysts --
    covers data sources, building a log host, logging architectures, open
    source tools, and signatures.  (Tho' I should also point out that having
    more experienced folks in the class is a good thing too, cos it maximizes
    the chances of good conversation developing.)

    In addition, Marcus and I will be hosting a two-hour BoF on logging issues
    during the conference.  That date's not yet been set, but I'll let
    everyone know.

    Info on my class:

    http://www.usenix.org/events/sec03/tutorials/#m2

    Info on the conference:

    http://www.usenix.org/events/sec03/

    (early registration ends July 14th).

    Cheers, and thanks for your patients with the blatant advertising -- tbird

    --
    I was being patient, but it took too long.
                                                  -- Anya, BtVS

    http://www.shmoo.com/~tbird
    Log Analysis http://www.loganalysis.org
    VPN http://vpn.shmoo.com