Re: [logs] regarding %PIX-6-302006:

From: Brian Ford (brfordat_private)
Date: Thu Jul 17 2003 - 12:40:05 PDT

    Wajih-ur-Rehman,

    What version of the PIX documentation are you looking at?  The reason I ask
    is that this is a known bug in the PIX documentation from version 5.3.

    If you look in the documentation you may see that the text for Syslog
    messages 302002 and 302006 have exactly the same description.

    The PIX does not compute duration or bytes for a UDP connection.  The PIX
    builds a state table entry for UDP connections - based on SRC IP & Port;
    DST IP and Port.   There is no concept of an individual "session" for UDP
    connection.   The PIX just starts a timer after each packet it sees between
    a single ip and port and another ip and port.  If multiple UDP sessions
    were established between two peers (same IPs and port numbers) the PIX
    cannot tell each session apart.

    Liberty for All,

    Brian