Re: [logs] OpenVMS logs

From: bretwatsonat_private
Date: Tue Jul 22 2003 - 22:25:46 PDT

    We are playing with a syslog client for VMS.. it takes the opcom messages
    and sends them to a syslog server..
    teh package can be found here.

    http://www.agh.cc.kcl.ac.uk/cgi-bin/pkgfetch?/files/vms/vms_share/opcom-to-syslog.PACKAGE

    Cheers,

    Bret

    "CM" <sblade@spectrum-edge.com>     23/07/2003 12:13 PM
    Sent by: loganalysis-bouncesat_private

                  To:  <loganalysisat_private>
                  cc:  (bcc: WATSON Bret/IT/CHRT/ST Group)
                  Subject: [logs] OpenVMS logs

    Hi,

    I have a task where I need to consolidate logs from multiple OpenVMS
    systems
    into a single Unix/Linux system. So questions, questions...

    1. What is the best way to achieve this or is it possible at all?
    2. Does OpenVMS by default has a facility to do remote logging?
    3. I know there is a syslog daemon available for OpenVMS (thx Tina). Any
    suggestions how I can configure the OpenVMS security/system logs to the
    syslog daemon?

    TIA for any suggestions and insight.

    Rgds,
    CM -

    [This e-mail is confidential and may also be privileged. If you are not the
    intended recipient, please delete it and notify us immediately; you should
    not copy or use it for any purpose, nor disclose its contents to any other
    person. Thank you.]