[logs] Logging BoF at USENIX Security

From: Tina Bird (tbird@precision-guesswork.com)
Date: Thu Jul 31 2003 - 08:59:32 PDT

Hi all --

For those of you in the DC area, I will be co-hosting a Birds of a Feather
session on logging as part of the USENIX Security conference.  It will be
held Wednesday night, August 6, from 7-9pm at the Marriott (I think it's
Wardman Park, but check http://www.usenix.org/sec03 to be sure).

You do not have to be registered for the conference to attend evening
sessions.

I'm planning on talking about my usual topics -- what to log, how to
normalize events across distinct platforms etc -- and will also be
collecting information on how people have implemented their own log
analysis systems (assuming they have, of course).  But judging from past
performance, we may end up somewhere completely different.

cheers -- tbird

--
A computer lets you make more mistakes faster than any invention in human
history - with the possible exception of handguns and tequila.

                                 -- Mitch Ratliff

http://www.precision-guesswork.com
Log Analysis http://www.loganalysis.org
VPN http://vpn.shmoo.com