Re: [logs] analyzing tcpdump logs

From: Jose Nazario (joseat_private)
Date: Thu Aug 14 2003 - 08:54:29 PDT

    On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 zidanat_private wrote:

    > I can open it in ethereal and use filters to check certain thigs, but I
    > would like to check top-talkers, application flows... things like that.

    start with some of the following tools:

    	- aguri
    	  will help you identify the top talkers, ports, etc ...
    	- argus
    	  will help you get a flow based approach to this
    	- softflowd
    	  can convert to netflow v1 for you
    	- tcpflow
    	  can help reconstruct streams/flows
    	- ntop
    	  can help you identify top talkers

    these are just a few of the tools i use to slice through my pcap data.