Re: [logs] analyzing tcpdump logs

From: zidanat_private
Date: Thu Aug 14 2003 - 09:42:21 PDT

    Thank you for your comments, but its not what I asked for.
    ntop is a real-time traffic analyzer.
    I want to take an existing tcpdump file, open it and analyze it (look for top-talkers, app' flows, etc.).

    this is more of post-analysis.

    thanks,
    -Z

    > On Thu, 14 Aug 2003 zidanat_private wrote:
    >
    > > I can open it in ethereal and use filters to check certain thigs, but I
    > > would like to check top-talkers, application flows... things like that.
    >
    > start with some of the following tools:
    >
    > 	- aguri
    > 	  will help you identify the top talkers, ports, etc ...
    > 	- argus
    > 	  will help you get a flow based approach to this
    > 	- softflowd
    > 	  can convert to netflow v1 for you
    > 	- tcpflow
    > 	  can help reconstruct streams/flows
    > 	- ntop
    > 	  can help you identify top talkers
    >
    > these are just a few of the tools i use to slice through my pcap data.

    > jose nazario, ph.d.			joseat_private
    > 					http://monkey.org/~jose/

    Get your own free email account from
    http://www.popmail.com